Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13/2013 A year ago today...

I will have to post pictures tomorrow.... got a lot of good ones today. I was realizing towards the end of the day, what a contrast this day was to the same day a year ago. I had been up visiting mom, and while packing the car, and in a hurry to get in an out of the snow that had just started to pour down, I ran right into the back hatch of our SUV, and put a dent in the top layer of my skull, giving me a massive concussion.... that would end up taking months to heal from. I was in a fog for the next several days especially.... and at times the healing seemed so slow... but the body is an amazing thing, and now a year later, (other than a little indent on top of my head.. ha ha) everything is healed and well as it should be. It reminded me of my similar circumstance that I am in with health. It may be a slow process, but the body has an amazing power for healing and I am so grateful for that. It helps me to have an even greater appreciation for the atonement and its ability to heal us in all areas of our life.
Today was such a good day! I don't know if it was one of those "blessing" days, or if it was one of those "turn the corner" days.... but overall I felt better than I have felt in months, and was able to help the kids with their school projects, valentines preparations, a girls camp activity, and just general housekeeping, which felt so nice to do!!! I did the dishes while Dad Bret slept, and it felt so nice to be doing that, since he has done that so many times for me. :) I may have done a little too much for one day in all my excitment of feeling well. I am suppose to follow a 50% rule... I average out what would be a normal amount of activities and tasks to accomplish for one day, and then I cut it down to 50%. It just felt sooo good to actually feel good though... that I am afraid I didn't stick with the rule well, and did end up with a very intense lung flare-up this evening, that I think we have finally gotten settled down so I can sleep. I will do better tomorrow. :) Its hard, because I never know how many "good days" in a row I might get.... sometimes its just one... and so on those days, I just want to get done all I can. But I am going to really work at pacing myself. It will be better in the long run! I will have to post more about todays activities with some photos tomorrow.... it really was a wonderful day, and the kids had such a good day too. I loved my time with them. So much!

No comments:

Post a Comment